Tuesday, September 26, 2006

About a month ago we joined a C.S.A. – community supported agriculture – which means that every Friday we get a box of certified organic, locally grown beautiful produce. This week we got



Can I tell you how much I love okra? Tossed with lemon juice, olive oil, kosher salt and pepper, then grilled - so good. Oh, and we also got potatoes and garlic, I almost forgot. And it all tastes like real food. I love vegetable Christmas. It inspires me to cook things I might not otherwise, and every week is different.

And these are the eggs from my wacky chickens.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Saw your blog from the apron swap site. I just had to write and say that I've never seen okra cooked this way, but it sounds absolutely wonderful!

11:46 AM  
Blogger frenchmade said...

YUMMY!!!!!! Those all look good enough to eat! Bon Appetite!

7:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home