Tuesday, August 15, 2006

After an entire summer of nothing but work work work, the last week I think I have gone more places and done more things than the entire rest of the year. Okay, maybe that's not true, but it feels like it. Last week while Z was taking a summer class at the Science Center - so cool - every day when I picked her up we went somewhere fun. Olvera Street, Chinatown - and Thursday night we went to the Dodger game! I am not really a big sports fan at all, but it was Stitch N Pitch night. There were over 500 knitters/crocheters there, which was great, and it was a really good game as well. And last night, I got to go to the Greek Theatre to see Death Cab For Cutie and Spoon with my friend who's husband unexpectedly had to go out of town last minute. I am a lucky lucky girl - and exhausted! Got home way past my bedtime. Very fun.

And now it's time for a funky scarf swap! Whee! Ready?

Let’s get the allergy part out of the way. Are you allergic to any fibers?

Allergic? No. Adverse? Yeah... eyelash yarns make me queasy. And cigarette smoke would be hard for me, too.

Do you prefer any fibers over others?

It's got to be super soft, and not itchy - merino, silk, alpaca, cashmere. I like natural fibers over synthetics, and animal over plant. I'm not big on cotton.

Thinking back to Scout’s post about what funky means to you, post an image of something that you think is funky!

I'll have to mull this one over.

Would you prefer funky yarn or a funky pattern?

Probably a funky yarn.

What are your favorite colors?

I love green, pink, purple, black... most colors really.

What is your favorite piece of art?

No favorite, there are too many to choose from and more coming all the time. I love
Bill Viola, Egon Schiele, Joseph Cornell, Joseph Beuys... and lots more in all different mediums.

What colors would you never have up close to your pretty face?

Yellow. Eech. Oh, or navy blue. Or brown. Love the colors of autumn leaves, but I'd never wear them.

Would you prefer an actual scarf or a cowl?

Scarf, I think. But whatever.

When you wear a scarf do you prefer a wider/shorter scarf or a thin/long scarf?

I like really long scarves - which is funny since I'm not that tall - and I like them more medium width.

What is the climate like where you live?

Sunny Southern California? Well... but being a native I do get cold easily.

Would you prefer a functional scarf (to keep you warm) or one just to funk-up your wardrobe?

Form and fuction, baby.

What else would you like your partner to know about you?

Not sure... any questions? Just ask.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Guess it is time to get busy.

12:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home